Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Dad's Home-Style BBQ Sauce

I get my recipe creating directly from my dad's side of the family. My aunt, my grandmother who has passed on, my great-aunt, my uncle and my dad all have inherited this nack for creating something out of "nothing. I'm not quite that good, but occasionally I'm inspired. ;) Dad's the sporadic cook on our house, the one who can make (almost) anything without a recipe. Um, except fudge. Unless a "rock" of hard chocolate counts as fudge these days. {I didn't think so...}


My dad completely made this recipe up. Just out of his head years ago. I've been using it for our BBQ recipes ever since, though I still like to try a new one just for fun, on occasion. :) You can use this sauce any way you normally would a BBQ sauce! Try it, it's yummy and oh, so easy to throw together in a few minutes. My favorite ways to use it are to marinate it over chicken, and for pulled chicken sandwiches. {Just thinking about it makes me so hungry now!}


Dad's Home-Style BBQ Sauce
1 (8 oz.) cans Tomato Sauce
3/4 cups Ketchup
1/3 cup Oil
1 tsp. Balsamic or White Vinegar
2 drops Red Hot Sauce
1/2 TBSP. Italian Seasoning
1/8 cup Chicken Broth

Combine all ingredients together. Use right away, freeze in reusable containers or ziploc bags, or pour into a jar for gifting or storage. Keep in the refrigerator when not in use; store up to 3 days.


Blessings!

1 comment:

Heather@To Sow a Seed said...

Adding this to my recipe list!