Tuesday, November 29, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness {2011}: Day 29

*R*



I've been thinking a lot about answered prayers lately. God is so good. He listens to me. He hears me when I pray. He understands my changing moods and unspoken feelings.

I am so thankful that I have someone to talk to when I can't share things with others (even sometimes my family). There are times I don't want to or shouldn't/can't share something with those around me...it's too personal or perhaps sharing those feelings and thoughts would hurt someone. But God understands all my conflicting thoughts/feelings/emotions. :)

"I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me." - C.S. Lewis



God is so good to answer my prayers: big ones, small ones they are all the same to Him. :) Praying keeps me calm, and answered prayers just encourage and brighten my days...they remind me of His goodness and faithfulness!



***
God is soo good: He answers my prayers, small and big. Like for the past two weeks I've been trying to work on getting skirts and such made and ready before Dec. 1 and also trying to complete the last few chapters of my two books for the Book Challenge. I was very discouraged with things that kept going wrong and getting in the way of accomplishing these things. I knew what I needed to do was stop and pray. So I did. And I even asked others to pray for me to. And God was very good to me and blessed my day. I was able to get everything done that I needed to and was even able to enjoy time with my family as I wanted to! :D This may not seem like a "big" thing, but to me it was...it was important to me as it's something I'm doing trying to honor God with (serving and learning more of Him).

No prayer is too big, nor too small for our God. He hears every plea and cry, knows every longing of our hearts. It is a gift to us so we can communicate with Him because He loves us so much. :)
You know the value of prayer; it is precious beyond all price. Never, never neglect it. -- Thomas Buxton


Have a blessed day!
~Rachel~




1 comment:

Marie said...

I'm thankful for that too! God is so good!! :)