Monday, October 24, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness: Year 1

*R*

This year I've decided to start (and host) a new series...30 Days of Thankfulness. You know, similar to "30 days of prayer" and other of those types of things. My idea is to post 30 days of things to be thankful for - in the form of music, scripture, my own words, and quotes! :D


I'd like to invite you all to join me!
All you have to do is join me in thanking God for the blessings He gives to us all the time, every day and of those things we need to remember to be thankful for...being thankful and remembering His promises - for 30 days in November!


When: November 1-30, 2011
Where: On your own blog, in a journal, and/or on facebook or other sharing site.
Why: To show our thanks and praise to the Lord for His faithfulness and goodness to us. :)
What: Post and share about the things you are thankful for in the form of music, scripture, your own words, pictures, and quotes, etc. :) Whatever God inspires you to do!

I think it's very important to remember to thank God for our blessings. I know that I take them for granted far too often. And because of greed, jealously, and so many other things...it's easy to push the things He *has* given to us out of our minds and only be focusing on what we don't have. That's why I want to do this. I want to take the time each day in November to remember God's faithfulness in my life...to remember His goodness to me...and so much more.


***

I'll also be posting a linky on each day's post here on our blog so that you may add your direct blog post link, along with the others who are joining - that way everyone can go see your posts and we can all encourage each other to be more thankful! :D

{there is NO obligation to include your links each day though! You can do one each day, just a few a week, or none at all - to your time/preference. But I *DO* encourage you to make an effort to post at least a little something for each day on your blog.}

Each day doesn't have to be long, it can be only a few words, it can be an entire post with a story to it, it can be a song, poem, verse, quote...whatever you'd like and whatever God puts on your heart! :)

I'd encourage anyone with facebook, twitter, and the like to consider even sharing some things on there as well (or if you do not have a blog)!

You can join my "30 Days of Thankfulness" event page on Facebook if you'd like. It's nice to keep track of things plus be able to encourage each other in the group, update you and be able to get each day's post updates! :)


Also, if you'd like to, I was inspired by Jenna to start a Thankfulness Journal. It's a great way to log what the Lord has placed on your heart and to remember His goodness and blessings. :) It is a wonderful keepsake and something you can take out and look at over and over again! If you don't have a blog, why not try doing the 30 day challenge this way? ;) You can still share in the fun by leaving comments on the posts I'll be sharing in November, if you'd like, as well. {Thank you Jenna for sharing about this great idea dear! :D}


***

"Many, O Lord my God, are your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered."
~ Psalm 40:5 ~

I hope and pray that you will take up my challenge and join me!



See you all November 1st! :D
Blessings in Christ Jesus,
~Rachel~

14 comments:

Julia said...

What a LOVELY idea, Rachel! I want to join in the fun! :D

Hope you're doing well... I would love to chat with you girls on the phone sometime this week, I sent you an email. :D

Love & Hugs!
Julia

Marie said...

This sounds fun! I think I will try to do this on my blog. :) :) :)

Ena said...

I'd love to join you! :)

Rachel said...

Thank you ladies for joining me! :D

Julia, yes, I got it! ;) Talk to you soon!

Love and Prayers!
~Rachel~

Rachelle said...

What a fabulous idea, Rachel!
Count me in!! :) I already do something similar to this on my blog once a week with this lovely inspiration: www.holyexperience.com
but a whole month's project? Absolutely!

Jenna said...

I was thinking of hosting a month of thankfulness too, but I'll just join you instead:D

THANKFUL today for all the encouragement the Lord has blessed me with through blog world.

Love and blessings,
Jenna

p.s. Not sure what form of the thankfulness challenge I'll do...still deciding;)

Rachel said...

Thanks Rachelle! Oh that other one looks fun too...good for you! :D

Jenna ~ Great minds think alike? ;) HeHe! What fun...thank you for joining! :D *claps hands delightedly* Oh yes, I completely agree Jenna...God is soo good! :D Whatever you decide to do for the challenge, I'm sure it will be very inspiring. :)

Love and blessings ladies! :D Thanks for stopping by! {Hugs!}
~Rachel~

Samantha said...

This sounds like a wonderful idea! I will try to join as many days as possible.

Lindsey Marie said...

Rachel~

I'm kind of going to do a combination of you and Jenna's ideas. I'm going to start a thankfulness journal on November 1, (to be continued after November too) and at the end of the month post everything I have so far. I didn't want to have to worry about posting something everyday, because truth be told, it wouldn't happen. :)

Thanks for the idea!

Rachel said...

Samantha ~ Wonderful to have you joining us! :D

Lindsay ~ I love your idea! :D I pray you have a wonderful month thinking of all the Lord's blessings. :)

God Bless!
~Rachel~

Allie Hawbaker said...

I would like to participate.
Will you be making a button for it or could we copy the picture somehow?

oneofthebunch said...

Thanks for hosting this, Rachel and Jessica! I'm looking forward to getting started tomorrow! =)

Blessings,
~*~Courtney~*~
http://oneofthebunch.wordpress.com

Aaron and Anna said...

Hi! I'm going to join you in this challenge! I think it's great.

In Christ,
Anna

Rachel said...

Allie, Courtney, and Anna ~ thank you all for joining! I pray you have a blessed month! :D

Allie, Oh, thank you dear for the suggestion! I hadn't even thought of it! ;D It's there now! :D

Blessings!
~Rachel~