Monday, August 24, 2009

Brownie Cupcakes! (oh, yeah!) :)

*R*
I have been wanting to make some of these for awhile, I have seen some variations of them at places like Wilton.com and BettyCrocker.com. Well, I just had the most brilliant idea on Sat. to just use a box of brownie mix instead of doing it from scratch and to put my all time favorite chocolate syrup frosting on top, and...Ah! They were sooooo good! TO DIE FOR!!! If you need a chocolate fix, this is what you need girls! =:D I am telling you! =;)

Okay, so now that I have you seriously wanting one, and you hardly know what it is yet...Lol!

All I did (oh, this is too easy!), was take a box of brownie mix (yes, that's it!), mix it by the box directions, and pour the batter into muffin cups! =:D See, isn't that too easy! Then, ta-da, you have some scrumptious brownie cupcakes! I was worried that they would be too much "crust" or too short, but they came out puffy and soft and chewy in the middle just like I wanted! Woohoo! I used the Betty Crocker Traditional 9x13 mix. I baked them at 350 for about 20 minutes (sorry, I forgot to write the exact time down, next time, I'll fix this and put it on this post for you!) =:) Insert toothpick in center of biggest brownie to test for doneness, when it comes out clean, there done!

Ahh, look at that nice dome! =:) Now to frost! =;)

Chocolate Syrup Frosting
From: Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Dr. (one of my favorite books!

Yields: enough to frost 24 cupcakes (2-1/2 size) generously - 3-1/2 cups
Prep: 10 minutes.

8 Tbsp. (1 stick) Butter, room temp.
1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup (I use Hershey's)
3 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
1 Tbsp. Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla

1. Place the butter, cocoa powder, and chocolate syrup in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until just combined. Stop the machine and add sugar, milk, and vanilla. Blend with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is incorporated, about 1 min. Increase the speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, another minute more.

2. Use to frost the cupcakes or your choice! =:)


I had to add some fun sprinkles to mine! =;) I tried some with a star tip and icing bag too, but I like this way better. I can't wait to decorate these for all the seasons! You can dress these up with a chocolate ganache instead of the frosting and top with a fresh raspberry and a mint sprig! Yum! Or, try them in mini muffin pans to make cute little ordurves/appetizer's! =:D Try a different frosting like mint or peanut butter! (oh, be still my heart!) I want to try filling them too! Yum! You can do so much with these! I have so many ideas! =:D I decided that I am bringing a batch of these to our annual church picnic next Sunday, I think they'll be eaten pretty quick! =;)

BTW, I freeze any leftover frosting in washed frosting containers. Then you can take some out whenever you need it! (or snitch some with a spoon for a quick chocolate fix! Lol! =;) To defrost, leave out for about 10-20 minutes before using, or microwave for about 15 seconds on high. =:) Super easy!

I hope you enjoy these recipes and have fun trying out different combo's! Let me know if you make these! Especially if you do something different so I can try it oo! =;) Lol!

Love, Hugs, & Blessings! =:)
~Rachel~

11 comments:

Antoinette K. said...

Ooooooo, those look so yummy! lol
I made some spice/cranberry cupcakes with maple frosting, and they turned out so well, (I made them for my Dad's birthday!)!
I did mine from scratch though! ;)

I cannot wait to get to know you better too, on FF!:)

Blessings,

Antoinette K.

Haley said...

Oh Rachel, those look so good! I will have to try them. And they sound so easy! Thanks for sharing!

~Haley

Annette said...

I'm looking forward to Sunday!! :) Not only is it the picnic and your brownies, but Evan's dedication.

Paulina said...

Yum! After looking at these cupcake pictures, I had to get myself some chocolate!

Rachel: What I meant by the fact that I disagree with the "Once saved, always saved" thinking is that there are people who believe they can just pray the prayer for salvation and continue to live in sin thinking that they will inherit the kingdom of heaven when they die. But several passages of Scripture make it clear that this is not so.

I added the link to the article I wrote on this subject to the post you commented on. I don't want to cause any confusion!

The American Homemaker said...

Those look so great!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, these look SO good, Rachel! I must try them soon!!! Thank you very much for sharing the recipe with us. :)

~ Blessings,
Lindsay

Miss Jen said...

Rachel,
Those look simply AMAZING!!! :)
*sigh*

Love~ Miss Jen

Arianna said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Rachel, that wasn't nice! Now I'm craving those. LOL. Yummy stuff. Too bad I can't get brownie mix here ;)

Elizabeth said...

Hello Rachel!
Those look *delicious*! My mouth is watering for one of those chocolate-y delights!

Have a lovely day, delighting in the Lord!
Elizabeth

Miss Jocelyn said...

looks SOO good - uh but not sprinkles for me. Just lots of frosting. lol

arielle said...

Yummm these look totally amazing!! The sprinkles too! I adore sprinkles! hehe